Super Oatmeal with Juli from @PureKitchenBlog
Packed with superfoods and antioxidants, try this breakfast recipe to keep you warm and satiated.
With springtime weather in constant flux, a warm breakfast is a great way to start a slow, cozy morning at home. Our friend Juli (@PureKitchenBlog) shares this oatmeal recipe chock-full of superfoods such as blueberries, hemp seeds and chia pudding.
All of the ingredients work together to give you a well-rounded and substantial breakfast. Oats are a great source of soluble fiber to keep your belly full and satisfied, hemp seeds provide protein, and chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, fiber, iron and calcium.
By Juli Novotny (@PureKitchenBlog)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Tbsp chia pudding (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 banana or other fruit of choice
- In a pot or large mixing bowl combine boiling water and quick-cooking oats. Add a pinch of sea salt and stir. Let sit for a minute or two.
Tip: I boil my water in an electric kettle but you can also boil in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
- Serve oatmeal in a bowl and top with chia pudding, berries and hemp seeds. Pour maple syrup and cream or milk over the oatmeal, and combine well.
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine milk and chia seeds in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes until it has a thick, pudding-like consistency.
- Store in an airtight container. Lasts for about 5 days in the refrigerator.
What are your favorite dishes to make that keep you happy and healthy? Share them with us at #therisetheshine and stay tuned for more healthy recipes coming from Juli @PureKitchenBlog soon!